The BYU ID card is your official university identification. It is used to access your Cougar Cash and meal plan accounts. Your card is also used for door access and other campus services. Once you have your card, you can also use the BYU mobile app ID for many campus services as well.
New Students (getting first ID card!)
- Students are eligible for an ID card one day after class registration.
- Please wait until the Utah "Stay Safe, Stay Home" directive is lifted before getting your ID card. If you MUST get your card before then, please see our Hours page.
- Please bring:
- A photo ID such as a driver's license or passport (required)
- Your MyBYU NetID/username
- We will take your picture; wear colorful clothing to stand out against our white backdrops.
- Need your ID Number before getting your card? Log in to myaccount.byu.edu.
- Please wait until the Utah "Stay Safe, Stay Home" directive is lifted before renewing or replacing your ID card. If you MUST get your card before then, please see our Hours page.
- Bring your card to the ID Center for a new ID card.
- If you do not bring your current card the new card will cost $10.
- We will take a new ID picture; wear colorful clothing to stand out against the white background.
ALL Students and Employees
We support BYU Dress and Grooming Standards. You must meet all D&G Standards to get a new card or have a lost card returned. We don't like asking anyone to change and come back later - BUT WE WILL! Thank you for supporting Dress and Grooming Standards with us!
Spouses and Dependents
Eligible spouses and dependents, please visit before orientation week or after the first week of classes. The ID Center will be focused on getting ID cards to new students during this time and you may be asked to wait until all new students in line have been helped. Employee spouses and dependents can also get an ID card at Benefits Services, D-240 ASB.
Family and Friends accompanying students
During New Student Orientation week, please wait for your student outside the ID Center. Our office is small, and thousands of student visit NSO week. We appreciate your help in keeping a clear path for students. There are lounges to the east and west of the ID Center with comfortable seating. If you do visit the ID Center at another time, please remember we do not allow photos or video in the ID Center. Thank you!
BYU ID Center: 1057 WSC, Provo UT 84602 • 801-422-5092 • email@example.com