The BYU ID card is your student identification and can be used to check out books at the library, access your Cougar Cash and meal plan and much more!
Get your BYU ID card at BYU ID Center, 1057 WSC. We will take your picture and print the card in our office – it only takes a few minutes. Click here to see our business hours.
- Come get your ID card BEFORE NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION to avoid lines.
- Students are eligible for ID cards one day after class registration.
- A photo ID such as a driver's license or passport (required)
- Your MyBYU NetID/username
- Continue to use your ID card until 1-4 months before it expires. If your card expires near the start of a semster, please wait at least 1 week after the semester start to renew. We will renew expirED IDs but NOT soon-to-expire IDs on NSO days or the first day of classes!
- Bring your expiring/expired card to the ID Center for a new ID card.
- If you do not bring in the expiring/expired card it is considered lost and the new card will cost $10.
- We will take a new ID picture; we recommend wearing colorful or dark clothing to stand out against the white background.
We support BYU Dress and Grooming Standards. You must meet all D&G Standards to get a new card or have a lost card returned. We don't like asking anyone to leave, change, and come back later - BUT WE WILL! Thank you for supporting Dress and Grooming Standards with us!