The BYU ID card is your BYU identification. It can be used to check out books at the library, access your Cougar Cash and meal plan and much more!
Students, employees, and affiliates can get an ID card at BYU ID Center, 1057 WSC. We will take your picture and print the card in our office – it only takes a few minutes. Click here to see our business hours.
Employees can also get an ID card at the Benefits Office, D-240 ASB, M-F 8am-5pm.
Students taking classes at the Salt Lake Center can get an ID card at the SL Center Library. See the Library website for hours: https://saltlakecenter.ce.byu.edu/library.
- Students are eligible for an ID card one day after class registration.
- Get your ID card BEFORE MOVE-IN & ORIENTATION WEEK to avoid lines.
- A photo ID such as a driver's license or passport (required)
- Your MyBYU NetID/username
- We will take your picture - wear colorful clothing to stand out against our white backdrops.
- Need your ID Number before getting your card? Log in to MyBYU, go to Campus Links-Communication-Personal Information. Your ID Number is the 9 digit number on the left side of your screen.
- Continue to use your ID card until 1-4 months before it expires. If your card expires near the start of a semester, please wait at least 1 week after the semester start to renew. We will renew expirED IDs but NOT soon-to-expire IDs on NSO days or the first day of classes.
- Bring your expiring/expired card to the ID Center for a new ID card.
- If you do not bring in the expiring/expired card it is considered lost and the new card will cost $10.
- We will take a new ID picture; wear colorful clothing to stand out against the white background.
We support BYU Dress and Grooming Standards. You must meet all D&G Standards to get a new card or have a lost card returned. We don't like asking anyone to change and come back later - BUT WE WILL! Thank you for supporting Dress and Grooming Standards with us!