The ID Center is located on the 1st floor of the WSC in room 1057, down the hall to the right of Studio 1030. We encourage new students to get a BYU ID card shortly after registering for classes, before moving into the dorms and New Student Orientation to avoid lines.
Spouses and unmarried dependents (ages 6-30) of most eligible BYU students and employees can become eligible for a BYU ID card. Sorry spouses and dependents of SLC instructors and students are not eligible for an ID card.
All spouses and dependents must meet Dress and Grooming Standards to use campus facilities. BYU exists to provide a university education in an atmosphere consistent with the ideals and principles of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. This atmosphere is preserved through commitment to conduct that reflects those ideals and principles. We appreciate your shared responsibility in helping us maintain these standards.
How to Get A Spouse or Dependent ID card:
FACULTY (FT & PT) and Full-Time EMPLOYEES: Please log in to myaccount.byu.edu.
- If your spouse and dependents are listed, please invite them to visit the ID Center.
- If someone is missing from myaccount.byu.edu, please contact the Benefit's Office, 2-4716, D-240 ASB.
- Please have your spouse, and any dependents with photo ID, bring said photo ID with them to the ID Center before orientation week or after the first week of classes. If you or your family need a new ID during orientation or the first week of classes, please visit the Benefits Office, D-240 ASB.
Part-Time EMPLOYEES and STUDENTS: Please log in to myaccount.byu.edu.
- If your spouse and dependents ARE listed, please invite them to visit the ID Center.
- If your spouse and dependents are NOT listed, please read the following options carefully:
- If you know your spouse’s and dependents’ Net IDs, use the green “Add” button on the Account Management page to add your spouse and dependents. MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE THE NET ID.
- If you do NOT know your spouse’s and dependents’ Net IDs, please do NOT add them on this webpage. Instead, please visit the Registrar’s Office, B-150 ASB, in person. Enter your spouse and dependent’s information on the Registrar’s touchscreen. It may take up to 5 days for the information to be processed. Keep checking myaccount.byu.edu. Once your spouse and dependents appear on this page, they can get an ID card.
- Please have your spouse, and any dependents with photo ID, bring said photo ID with them to the ID Center before orientation week or after the first week of classes.
Spouse & Dependent ID card uses:
1. All ID cards have a Cougar Cash account. Sorry, we cannot link a spouse or dependent account with the student or employee account. Spouses and dependents can add funds online via credit card at https://cougarcash.byu.edu/prepaid (select the “Add Money” link) or at the ID Center (cash or check only). Spouses and dependents do NOT get tax-exemption but do get discounts at the Cannon Commons (11%) and the Skyroom Restaurant (19% off adult price) when they pay with Cougar Cash.
2. Spouses and dependents of FT employees and “benefitted” faculty can use Athletic facilities (https://rbfacilities.byu.edu/content/dependents) and check out materials from the Harold B. Lee Library (https://lib.byu.edu/about/checkout-privileges/).
3. Spouses and dependents of for-credit registered students can also use Athletic facilities (https://rbfacilities.byu.edu/content/dependents) and check out materials from the Harold B. Lee Library (https://lib.byu.edu/about/checkout-privileges/).
4. Spouses and dependents of eligible BYU students and employees can ride UTA for free beginning August 1, 2018. Must have new ID card (printed in 2018).
Cougar Cash Support
Cards are Non-Transferable
Cards are Non-Transferable